St. Luke's Lutheran Church Records 1888-1998

Access and use

Location of collection:
F.B. Kegley Library
Wytheville Community College
Smyth Hall, Room 103
1000 East Main Street
Wytheville, VA 24382
Contact for questions and access:
POC: William A. “Bill” Veselik
Phone: (276) 223-4876
POC: George Mattis
Phone: (276) 223-4744
Fax: (276) 223-4745

Collection context

Summary

Language:
English

Background

Scope and content:

This collection includes ledgers, record books, a scrapbook commemorating the 100th anniversary of the church, and an updated cemetery listing.

Biographical / historical:

St. Luke's Lutheran Church, located in the Cove area north of Wytheville on State Route 600, was organized on 1 July 1888 with 52 charter members. The first pastor was Alexander Phillippi.

Acquisition information:
Donated by the church council of St. Luke's Lutheran Church in 1991.
Physical description:
17 items.